Monday, January 14, 2013

The Lazy Blogger and her Holiday Cards (Subtitled: Gnome for the Holidays)


Slightly Insulting Chicago Posters
I know, I know. Where have I been? What kind of blogger doesn't make a New Year's Resolution to blog more? Isn't that like the industry standard? These are the questions that literally tens of readers are asking.

Please let me explain my absence. I moved. Totally unexpectedly. The decision took a few hours, but the actual moving process has been a little bit slower. So most of my good craft things have been all packed up. You know how they say to have an "Open First" box when you move? Do that. And make sure you put your glue gun in it.

Seriously though, I moved in with my dear friend Michelle in Logan Square. We have known each other forever. Michelle saw me through my awkward High School years and has decided to stick around right through my awkward adulthood. She is sweet and wonderful and she has a dishwasher. Basically the roommate jackpot.


The good news is I have a backlog of craft ideas that I'll be blogging very soon. Like, this week. I swear. In the meantime I wanted to share my holiday cards. I officially crossed the first thing off of my Thirty before 30 list when I printed these at Spudnik Press. They were simple but I think they turned out well, with some cool noise in the screen. I just printed on the front and back of cardstock I cut, and then I picked up an inexpensive corner rounder to make them look a little neater. I like how they turned out, but next year I'll start working on them a bit earlier.

Lots of inks that make me happy.
I hope your 2013 has started off well, and I will be back later this week with a new project!

No comments:

Post a Comment